Monday, July 7, 2014

Getting Started & Goals


How to start?
  First things first is to get a plan in order and this will depend on your focus.
My focus is to grow as a Christian, change my outlook on life, balance a healthy relationship with food, and lose weight/get fit.  

So, I will be doing the following:
  • Reading my Bible daily, praying often
  • Daily devotionals or a Bible verse of the day
  • Eating 90% Clean (with moderated cheat meals)
  • Working out 6 days a week


I can help you set up your plan as well, but at this time I have no professional titles and you should always consult your doctor before changing your diet or starting a workout plan.  

Meal Prep and Workout Plan
  Go into each day or week with your meals prepped and a workout plan in order.  Choose what days you will sit down and do this, usually meal prep needs to be done twice a week depending on your plan.  Every "diet" and workout "works" if you put in the work, but that doesn't make them all healthy or attainable for life.

Liquid diet or detoxes, they will make you shed pounds, but the major downside is that you will lose too fast and have loose skin.  Then there is also the fact that there is no way to attain that for your life.  Do you want to spend the rest of your life on a liquid diet?  I don't think so but once you stop you will gain weight back.

Meal replacements work, but again it is like the above diet you would have to do it for the rest of your life.

There are three lifestyle plans that I don't want to call diets because a diet refers to something temporary in this day and age and a healthy lifestyle is what we are after with this challenge. 
The three I agree can work for life:
  1. Clean Eating  (eating foods without any additives, in their most natural form)
  2. IIFYM (If it fits your macros) Basically counting calories, fats, carbs, etc and you eat what you want as long as it stays within your Macros
  3. Clean Eating & Moderation Lifestyle (this is the one I am going for, you eat mostly clean, but you do indulge on special occasions, but don't overdo it and go off the rails, this takes training and time to get down)
Pick your lifestyle or a mix of life styles and make a plan.  




Set Goals
   Most of us have competitive natures or we have to work towards something to stay focuses and setting goals is a great way to exploit those things and stay on track.  Your goals can be big or small, but my best advice is to make a long term goal, but also make small daily goals.  If you want to reward yourself that is great, my personal reward is the satisfaction of completing said goals.  Do what works for you!

My Overall Goals:
  • Strengthened Relationships
  • Read my entire Bible
  • Complete 40D&40N challenge
  • Lose weight & inches
  • Journal and Log my entire challenge
  • Inspire others
Your goals may be more in depth or completely different, that is okay! 



No comments:

Post a Comment